What have you heard about it?
Perhaps now you will remember steam-powered machines, flying boats and submarines.
RECREATE THE LOOK
If you want to use Steampunk style for decorating interior, you should consider using the following features:
1) Decorative objects must be functional. You can put it vice versa: utilitarian objects serve as decoration. Example items include computer key boards, electric guitars machine parts such as gears and leverage
2) A lot of metal in décor. Copper, bronze, iron, brass – all these materials can be used to recreate the steampunk look
3) Finishes: leather, dark wood, untreated stone, bricks
4) Dark colours: grey, brown, black, subtle red
5) Antique clocks and vintage maps
6) Victorian furniture and accessories
7) Urban entourage such as factory metal tubes, red brick, gas lamps...